Welcome to the Esper Console where we help Android developers build, test, deploy, diagnose, and manage their applications seamlessly and securely to Android-based Dedicated Devices spanning kiosks, point of sale, data collection, and more. Starting with the Console under Developer Options, you will be able to generate API Keys and obtain your Enterprise ID; this will, in turn, enable you to use the Esper APIs either by calling them with REST/HTTP, with our Esper SDK for Python, or by using our Esper CLI. Additionally, our Esper Tools for Android Studio is available for developers to use and provides a set of resources to facilitate diagnostics and debugging of applications - whether running in the test lab or deployed in the field.
Esper Dev provides tools that enable Android developers to deliver highly secure solutions for Dedicated Devices with greater flexibility and control. This leads to a better development experience, designed for the entire development lifecycle, while helping IT do more with less. A rich API set and a variety of open-source SDKs and tools allow you to incorporate device management for your apps and Dedicated Device apps and dedicated devices.\
Esper is at heart a technology company that provides Android dedicated device fleet management solutions for enterprises led by APIs, SDKs, and tools for developers. Based in Silicon Valley with supporting teams in Seattle, Esper is currently the only company providing a full stack, API-driven implementation delivering a secure platform for purpose-built Android-based dedicated devices.
Esper and Android Developers
Esper gives developers the APIs and tools needed to build, deliver, and maintain Dedicated Device applications - all in one place. Esper offers a full suite of APIs and tools enabling Android developers to more efficiently develop, deploy, and support Dedicated Device applications through the entire life cycle.
From the Console you can also perform important activities for working with your apps and devices during the development, test, and scaled deployment phases:
- Defining device templates with standardized provisioning settings specific to a particular app or set of apps.
- Managing your set of apps for development, test, and deployment.
- Including select Play for Work apps using your managed Google Play account.
- Provisioning devices using the Console to prepare them for development and deployment use, as well as manage them ongoing.
- Creating groups of devices to ease the process of targeting sets of devices during development, and ultimately managing a diverse fleet of devices across different apps.
- Setting alerts for specific battery or network conditions on your devices.
- Managing users, including adding additional users to your endpoint for either development or admin use, through the Company Settings.
Many of the above Console features are available via the Esper APIs, so please be sure to check out our API documentation to get started. And install the Esper SDK for Python, our Esper CLI, and the Esper Tools for Android Studio.
Sign Up for an Esper Trial Account
To try out Esper simply sign up for a developer trial account on the Esper Website. Once the account is setup and you generate your API key, you can test out all the features of our innovative platform – whether building out a kiosk, point of sale solution, or for an entirely new Dedicated Device category. It is the best platform designed for the Android app developer targeting Dedicated Devices. Check out the Developer Hub and the API Documentation.
Scale your Deployment
Coupled with the intuitive Esper Dev Console and Esper Manage Dashboard, Esper allows you to gradually scale your fleet at your own pace. You have options here; start with emulated devices, your currently available Dedicated Device or off-the-shelf Android hardware, or else Esper Development Devices that run Esper Enhanced Android. Across the endless variety of Dedicated Devices, Esper gives you supreme control of your app on your own device.
Esper Dev gives you access to the suite of development tools you need to build, deliver, and maintain Dedicated Device solutions all in one place. Below is an overview of the Esper Tools:
- Esper Dev Portal: Provides all Esper documentation in a portal that’s easy to access and use.
- Esper Dev Console: A developer specific console organizing all of the Esper tools.
- Esper Cloud: A private Cloud dedicated to each development team.
- Esper Virtual Image: An emulation environment for development and verification testing use with Esper Enhanced Android. You can also use emulation in Android Studio with a stock Android image running our Esper Agent.
- Esper Enhanced Android: A fortified version built with Android OS for Dedicated Devices. Adds key features for Dedicated Device needs not met by stock Android.
- Esper Development Devices: Esper sourced Dedicated Devices for you test drive Esper Enhanced Android.
- Esper APIs: Rich API set for Dedicated Device application development, deployment, and management.
- Esper CLI: A unified command line interface to the Esper APIs, provided with source code so you can extend it yourself.
- Esper Remote Debug: Everything you need to do secure remote debugging of deployed Dedicated Devices running Esper Enhanced Android.
- Esper Dedicated Device Cookbooks: Available quick starts for Kiosk, POS, Restaurant, and Logistics Dedicated Device solutions.
- Esper Manage Dashboard: Through the Esper Dev Console use the Esper Manage Dashboard to access Device Orchestration capabilities that evolves MDM into Dedicated Device specific features.
- Esper Support: Chat, GitHub, email and phone.
Esper Device Orchestration Features
Through the Esper Manage Dashboard you can access all the features and capabilities you need to effectively orchestrate and manage Dedicated Device fleets:
- Seamless Enrolment and Bulk Enrolment (QR Code, NFC-based, IMEI)
- Remote View and Remote Control
- Application Lockdown and Management
- Device Monitoring
- Device Groups
- Device Graphs
- Device Security State Assessment
- Device and Group Commands and Actions
- Rich Alert Engine
- Private App Storage
- Unlimited Private App Store
- Unlimited App Versions
- Android Enterprise (AKA Android for Work)
- App Install Scheduler
- App Management
- Firmware-over-the-air (FOTA) Android OS Updates
To understand system requirements, see Requirements
To get started, see Getting Started Guide
Esper APIs documentation
Esper SDK on GitHub
Checkout Esper CLI, a command line tool for accessing APIs.
To learn more about Esper, visit esper.io
You can also send us an email at
email@example.com for any questions or concerns.